Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Reading Minds

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking if I haven't been posting, I haven't been stitching.

You know what?

You're right!

For example, I wasted an entire day yesterday by reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Kind of like reading Stephen King; once I get started I don't want to stop. Can't wait to see the movie version of this one because it's set here in Washington D.C. Some similarities to the last National Treasure movie, except this won't be going to Mt. Rushmore. Do I know that there will be a movie version? No. I am assuming. Because who wants to give up on this cash cow.

I did crochet some though. I've got some cheap yarn and am taking a stab at a shawl. No pattern. Just creating as I go.

And I had the opportunity to stop at one of our local shops on Saturday that I hardly ever visit. Picked up some silks and some linen. Was intrigued by a few other things, but I resisted.

And finally. I did chart a pattern on Saturday afternoon before we headed off to the Symphony. I think I managed to create a workable version, though several things need to be moved a stitch or two in one direction or another. I can't comment further on this, as it is a gift type thing. Sister. Birthday. Etc.

No comments: