Saturday, March 06, 2010

Stars #2



Okay. Here's as far as I got before I decided to make changes. We won't mention how many times I had to stitch the beginning of the inner border...

That blue is out. Even though I tweaked the colors in the photo, you can't really see my problem. Which was that the blue reads slightly teal. Very slightly. But because there is so much of this color in the piece, it had to go. And at the same time I chose to go a stronger route than icy blue/gray for my D colors which is a fine place for an accent color. I'm going as strong as I can and we'll see what happens when I introduce black into this piece.

That makes my four color families brown, blue, white and black. I'll get to this is the next few days and will update sometime next week with a new photo.

Meanwhile when I saw the photo of Rainforest Crunch by Needle's Delight on the Spinster Stitcher's blog, I knew I just had to have it. I ordered it and also Blueberry Torte, a design I've been admiring every time I go into Needlewoman East. The current trunk shows at Needlewoman are j. childs designs and Needle Crossings.

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The photo looks blue to me but what it looks like to you is what is important. I hope you find a blue that is just what you want. I think the colors you have chosen will be beautiful together.

Teresa S. said...

I was admiring that Rainforest Crunch too. It is so hard to resist!