Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stitching Update Sans Photos

We're back to gray and dreary. I'm apologize for not getting out my camera yesterday. But I was busy. First I absolutely had to finish Stephen King's "Under the Dome." If you are a King fan, you understand. I woke up and about 300 pages to read. Finished by 10:30 a.m. and started a week's worth of housework that I had been ignoring while my hubby was in Germany. Got everything finished before he landed and even made Hungarian Goulash for dinner.

So to my friends, Kathy and Anne, if you happen to be reading: I'm down to area #5 on my "Little Green Acorns." But still have not stitched the squirrel with its colonial knots. I am loving this sampler more and more as I stitch. A huge part of my stitching is spending time admiring my work. Well, someone's got to do it.

Reading the Thistle Threads blog is inspiring me to continue on my "Pomegranate and Peas Purse." I'm fast approaching the plaited braid with gold thread stage. I've even contemplated Tricia's Tudor and Stuart Gold Masterclass. I just did the math on $36 a month for 18 months. Okay. Still seems like a bargain to me. LOL

I am halfway finished with the background on my "Ravish Me" canvas. I pulled this out at the MAR annual meeting and again the next morning in the lobby/dining room. I may now have a reputation among those ladies. It certainly does make every one smile. And sometimes giggle.

That's pretty much where we stand today. I need to pencil my lines on my Stars canvas. And the ladies who are starting the Luan Callery Summer Dream stumpwork GCC are meeting later today.

Did I mention how much I like the latest issue of Needlepoint Now? This may be the best issue since Elizabeth has taken over publishing. I want to do the cover piece, but on black canvas. And golly gee, if I had the money I'd so be doing this: Bargello Retreats.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Donna,
I'm seriously considering the Gold Master Class, too. Unfortunately, DH and I are expecting imminent layoffs at work (same company), which will hopefully be done by Wednesday since it's the end of the quarter. If we both make it through, I'll sign up for the class Wednesday night!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your sampler!