Thursday, May 06, 2010

Last Dance

Today was our last stitching day with Schelley who will soon be driving south to Florida with her hubby. We'll miss you!

And it was also our last day stitching with our friend, E.B., who will soon be flying west to the coast and then on to Australia. We'll miss her as she's going to be gone for months, but expect many wonderful stories upon her return. 

After twenty years as an Army wife, I am very used to people coming and going, and to frequently being the one that's going. Seems kind of strange to me that in July we will have been in this one place for five years! Every day we set a new record as a family for remaining in one house. 

While at my Thursday morning group, I managed to complete another band in my "Little Green Acorns" sampler. I'll get a progress photo up soon as I am at the halfway point. And I believe the bottom half will move fairly quickly. But as per usual I have overloaded my plate with stitching. Always better to have too much than not enough. 

My idea that maybe I'd have this sampler finished before Saturday's Sampler Guild meeting kind of vanished in the ether. And speaking of the LSG meeting - we're going to have a lovely time. I'll tell you all about it on Sunday or Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After moving 7 times in 7 years with the Navy, it still astonishes me that we've been in the same house for 11 years now. Of course, we've renovated it from roof to basement floor, which is a different type of movement. :-)

I've been getting itchy and keep asking DH if we can go OCONUS with his civilian job. I'd love to get back to Europe for a few years.