Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday is EGA Day

What happens when you belong to more than one guild, is that sometimes you find yourself with multiple EGA things to do in one day. 

This morning I was at the D.C. EGA chapter where the program, very nicely done by a friend of mine, was about Italian needlework. And more specifically she showed us how to make an Italian knotted tassel. It's actually very simple, but can lead to some complex creations. 

Jeanine, of the Italian Needlework blog, demonstrates a version here:  Knotted Tassel II.

Mine needs a little more refinement before I take a photo. I guess I haven't truly paid attention to tassels. But now I will. 

Tonight is the last board meeting of the year for my other EGA chapter, Oatlands. Next year, I'll be moving into the VP slot for membership. I love working with this group of ladies. For the most part, we all know how to be professional. And we know how to have a good time. 

In between these two events, I managed a quick dash to a LNS, In Stitches (see link below.) This was strictly a pearl cotton and needles run. Though a few extra skeins of overdyed cotton may have jumped into my bag. I even resisted the canvases that were 45% off. 

On my way back, I was thrilled to finally have my chance to drive on a road that has had an incomplete part that has finally been finished. Here's to being able to drive the entire length of the Fairfax County Parkway! It was a long time getting here.

No comments: