Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quick Update

Quick - code word for no photos!

Peggy asked what overdyed I'm using on my Stars piece. Actually, she asked what overdyed did I base my colors on. 

The truth is I picked the colors and found an overdyed to match. Amazingly. My version is based on a photo I took of the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin at dawn in 2006. It's hanging in my hallway. This was my second shot at picking colors for this piece as I first had tried to match an Oriental carpet. Which didn't work when I couldn't dye an overdyed to match my colors. 

The overdyed I am using is Waterlilies Meadow #003. It has a lot of green in it and I've been judicious in my placement of the colors. Not very much of the brown and just the tiniest hint of blue. But that's okay as the piece has plenty of blue in it. 

Earlier this week I finished a needlepoint ornament - the Acadian flag I bought in New Orleans last November. Now I need to find fabric for backing. I've been stitching on this in random places as it was my purse project. 

And today - road trip! Going with a friend to hit some shops in Maryland. Details tomorrow!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This inquiring mind wants to know what shops you hit and what you found. Guess this means you won't be up to a Baltimore road trip when I get home @mid-May.