Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shopping

Unlike most of my trips to a needlework, yesterday's stop was full of restraint. 

I picked up the larger size of stretcher bars that I need for From Molehill to Mountain. I thought I already had these, but I guess I was mistaken. Or I put them somewhere interesting as they would be too long to fit in my Elfa drawer that has stretcher bars. 

Only purchased the bars and three different white threads. (Those are for a challenge project. More on that later.)

Chatted for a few minutes and then it was on to my next stop - the Container Store. I'm officially in love with this store, but today I'm a bit peeved at them. I had started buying containers last fall for my threads. I've been back in January and yesterday, and they are no longer carrying said containers. And I kind of am in need of more. Sigh. I'm going to have to reassess this situation. And next time Elfa carts are on sale, I believe I might be buying more. I do love these things. Very, very useful. 

I continued on to Target hoping that they might have some containers of similar size/style. But no. And they didn't have any of the stacking containers that I was putting metallic threads into either. All in all, not a good organizing day. 

But I did get my black canvas mounted and started basting while I was outside grilling barbequed chicken for dinner. I'm about halfway finished with that task. Not as horrendous as I thought it might be. I confess that I have learned that basting can save you tons of time. But I still don't do it with gladness. 
  

 

No comments: