Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Road Trip Tuesday

Be prepared. This is going to be a long post. 

First, let's catch up. By Sunday I had decided not to paint the living room. Or the one wall in my studio. Instead DS and I spent part of Monday cleaning the bar downstairs. Much, much better. I started by going outside with the blower and clearing away the last of the leaves so I could wash the windows. Later in the day I discovered something in my eye. That I could not move. Was slightly painful and totally kept me from stitching. Rats. See, this is a reason not to clean. I get hurt. And can't stitch. LOL

After sweating our butts offfffffffffffff, we went out for a late lunch/early dinner. Had a beer - Barking Frog Ale - that tasted so good. Wanted more, but didn't. Went to check out a TV stand that I had seen in a World Market ad. Nope. Don't think that's going to work for us. But I did buy Cherry Limeade syrup. And that combined with my Sodastream means I never, ever have to stop at a Sonic again! 

We when got home I had received my package from Canvases Be Gone. Thanks to Jane of Chilly Hollow, I had gone there last week to peruse the new canvases and found a Joan Thomasson angel that I had to have. I bought Joan's Merry Widow in New Orleans. And now I have Fifi LaFleur. 


She makes two of the three that I want. I'll eventually acquire the Fallen Angel. She's red of course. 

Here's two SharonG canvases I also got. Cigar and cigar band. One of DH's "hobbies." 


And here's a dede cow that I'm captivated by. Might look great on a tote bag, yes?




Now you're probably wondering about this road trip title. Five of my friends decided to recreate the road trip to Maryland that Amanda and I took this spring. Six of us in a Honda Pilot, yeah for all fitting into one car! And we left Virginia a tiny bit after 9 a.m. 


Our first destination, Ruth Schmuff's shop in Lutherville, Bedecked and Beadazzled. For those of you who have yet to have the opportunity to visit the wonderland that is this needlepoint shop, I've got some photos!





I love the color of the walls! Everywhere you look here, there's color. And more color. The finished objects here are amazing. Let's look at a few. 


Holy guacamole! The first time I came here I did not notice this piece until I was leaving. This huge bolster style pillow is on top of a wardrobe and is maybe three feet long? She's wonderful.



This Christmas tree reminds me of my grandmother! She had one of those silver trees and some wild color ornaments just like these.


I've banned silk flowers from my house because of allergies, but I might bring them back if I can have a vase like this:


Cannolis and cookies and pastries. Everywhere you look there's something enticing.


The Halloween tree of my dreams. Love the witches hat! And now I know what to do with all those pesky wine glass charms I seem to acquire - use them as ornament hangers!


I'm in love with the stork pillow. Enough said.





The color does not just come from finished objects and walls and the leopard rug in front of the check out counter. It comes from the glorious fibers found here.

Like Planet Earth.
 And Vineyard Silks.

 The Treenway Silks (which by the way, the company has been purchased by a couple from Colorado!)
 The River Silks ribbons!

You know. This post has gotten too long. I'll finish it up tomorrow. But trust me, we had oodles of fun. And lots of stash enhancing!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Just a little something that you may not be aware of, but when I open your blog there is a tremendous amount of white space (8 inches) between your title and your post for the day. It took me several times to realize that I needed to scroll down to see read your posts. I don't know if this formatting issue was something only I experience not, but did want to let you know. Love your blog!

Donna said...

Beth, I don't know what to tell you because I do not see this problem on either of my computers...

Momrocks said...

Beth, are you seeing the photo at the top of Donna's blog? Maybe that's not coming through, creating the white space. Just a thought . . .

Sara Leigh said...

Absence of photo will do it.

I'm jealous of you guys! I don't seem to get to do anything fun these days.

Jill K Dutcher said...

Thank you so much for mentioning our ribbon. It's great to see it in the store!

Jill K Dutcher
Marketing/Web Development
River Silks Ltd
www.riversilks.com