Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday Musings

I have now fallen so far behind thanks to my battle with this darn cold. I have not spent an entire night in my bed for so long I can't remember which was the last night I slept all the way through the night. I find myself getting up some where between midnight and 2 a.m. and heading downstairs to fall asleep upright in my chair while watching television. (Last night's viewing chose - Criminal Minds - not conducive to falling back asleep.) 

Tree not up. Decorations still hiding the basement. I'm buried under a mountain of laundry as we figured out that the dryer vent hose is unhooked somewhere under the kitchen. DH feared critter damage. But I'm betting it's a remnant of the earthquake. We'll eventually cut into the dry wall in the basement to find out. Meanwhile I bought an indoor dryer vent thingy and I need to go install it. Now. (I know the hazards of using these, so no comments on this please.)

I did go and purchase more outdoor LED lights yesterday at two different stores. Thank you to the wonderful person who stole my cart at the hardware store. I'm sure the universe will figure out a way to even up the score. This means I bought more lights without being certain of what I actually have - a recipe for disaster. Worse case scenario will involve me making returns with what limited free time I have. Niece will be arriving on Wednesday and I'd like to have house decorated and cleaned by then. This is going to take a miracle.

Last night I was hopeful I would have a finished ornament to show off today. But I literally fell asleep while stitching some snow. 


1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Feel better soon. You know, your niece may enjoy helping you decorate.