Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Tuesday's Terror

Self-imposed pressure. Hate it. Can't stop doing it. C'est la guerre, as we used to say. 

First musing for today:  Did you know that Kreinik is highlighting 25 projects for December, 5 at a time? The first one's can be found here. 

Second:  I ran into B & N on Sunday afternoon. Only bought the new issue of Mollie Makes. But I found an interesting book -

PUSH Stitchery: 30 Artists Explore the Boundaries of Stitched Art

See it here on Amazon. 

Why it might interest you:  "Curated by Jamie Chalmers--aka Mr. X Stitch, a leading figure in the “new embroidery movement”--PUSH Stitchery profiles the cutting-edge creative work of 30 top stitching artists from around the world. Each designer is showcased with six to eight pages of gallery-style imagery. A fascinating question-and-answer section, along with bios, make this innovative and inspirational book a must-have for anyone interested in blurring the lines between craft and art."

Has such things as embroidering on metal and stone.  

Third:  Well. Yesterday was a mostly wasted day. Not enough sleep = no energy. Christmas decor is now in the living room awaiting unpacking. I thought maybe I'd go do the outside after dinner, but my sister called and I spent the 80 minutes chatting with her. Which is all to the good. 

Right now it's raining, but I don't think this is going to continue all day today. I may yet get the outside decorated while it's still relatively warm. 

All the stitching is done on my ornament, but I've got to retrieve the iron from the black hole and then add 16 or so beads. Which means, what? No photo.


Fourth:  the mistake on my blackwork ornament? Well, thanks to my friend, Sara Leigh, I now know there are two mistakes! LOL The left pomegranate is too high and right hand motif next to the lettering is too far to the right. 

My apologies to Amanda, who received my ornament. It's not perfect! LOL




 

 

5 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Those are the mistakes? Because I thought it was the left hand flower didn't have a stitch connecting the leftmost diamond to the flower outline.

jhm said...

Maybe there are three mistakes? The left motif stitching/pattern doe not match the right side. The left has an angle and no diamond whereas the right has a diamond shapeand is more "squared" off. Look where the larger part of the motif joins the smaller part.
OR is this part of the pattern?

jhm
http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Okay. That's three mistakes. I never did preview my pattern that I made...LOL.

Sara Leigh said...

But I like the way it turned out! Never look too closely at a finished piece. The person who receives it won't.

lewmew said...

I checked PUSH out of the library and wasn't that impressed. I guess because too much of it looked like fabric scraps made into clumps and thrown together.....