Saturday, April 17, 2004

Late, but not too late, One Saturday Night

Kids are out. Hubby and I enjoyed some alone time. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. You know what I mean?
Now he's playing with his new DVD player.
Meanwhile, I'm killing time until I have to pick up kiddos.

Had our spring community yard sale this morning. What a gorgeous day it was. I didn't mind sitting outside chatting with neighbors at all. Made some money, got rid of some stuff. Only did this for 3 hours as after a while I don't consider it cost effective for me to sit there. Did a little crocheting between customers.

Always good to get some stuff out of the house, and I resisted the temptation to visit other people's sales.

Stopped by a Barnes and Noble later in the day and this is the first one I've been in that had absolutely zero needlework books in the craft section. Which is stupid as they had the largest craft section I've seen. They had knitting and crocheting, but nothing at all involving a needle, except for a few machine sewing books. I was disappointed because I've been having fun collecting the Dover Needlework Series of books. They did have the usual B & N selection of magazines. But I don't buy mine on the newstand. So I had to settle for Marion Cunningham's last cookbook about home cooking published in late 2003. She's my kind of woman. All about the family dinner hour, which I consider sacrosanct.

No comments: