Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last of the Books

Let's see if I can get through with all of them:

1) "Folk Designs from the Caucasus for Weaving and Needlework" by Lyatif Kerimov published in 1974. This is a Dover book with over 450 different designs from weaving from Azerbaijan. They are gridded in black and white. Only color illustration is the cover. I didn't know this book even existed. I wish I had known about a few years back when I created a mini-sampler to honor DH's year in the deserts of Kuwait.

2)Another Dover book - "Anne Orr's Charted Designs" from 1978. Silhouettes, flowers, alphabets all with that original Anne Orr touch.

3) "Flowers, Birds, and Unicorns: Medieval Needlepoint" by Candace Bahouth published in 1993. Birds, beasts, gardens, symbols and patterns. Twenty original patterns in tent stitch, which isn't much. But the book is beautifully photographed in and around the author's home in England.

4) "Cross-Stitch Techniques Projects Patterns Motifs" by Gloria Nicol published by the Potter Needlework Library. Patterns for bed linens, table linens, laundry bags, and other household items. All in color. I see she has books about candlemaking and many other crafts.

5) "Learn Needle Tatting Step-by-step" by Barbara Foster published in 1998. This book is still available in the latest Nordic Needle catalog. I've done the needle tatting demo thing a few years before starting this blog. Useful book. Good explanations.

6) "The Open Canvas" by Carolyn Ambuter published in 1982. Great diagrams, mostly black and white photos. She does/did things to canvas I wouldn't even have thought of doing.

That's my used book wrap up. Only took me a week. I finished my dogwood canvas on Friday and will post a photo tomorrow. Been trying to do some hardandger. I think I've frogged more than I've created. It's not that hard. But the single strand of Watercolours probably is a touch too thick for the 28ct fabric. But I love the colors and refuse to give up.

1 comment:

Twana said...

Nice treasure trove of books there.