Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Returning to Regular Posting

Not working today. But I've still got to run to the shop to tell the owner all about all the fun I had. And maybe straightened out a few details...

Over the past week I've kitted up two projects. A Permin sampler from 1859. And an Amybear canvas piece, Night Flight. Again I had trouble with threads not coming any where close to matching the photo with the canvas piece. Which is bothersome. I had to go to three different shops (aren't I tremendously lucky that I can?) to find Watercolors in shades that suited me. There is still one that didn't match and it's the top part of this pattern and very important. So I found some silk/wool blends that might work in combo with perle cotton or alone. I haven't decided. But the first thing I'll be doing on this piece is experimentation.

And I got my first issue of Needlepoint Now. I think I spent the entire night dreaming of colors to use while practice bargello techniques...

No comments: