Thursday, January 08, 2009

Work

I feel like quoting Governor William J. Lepetomane this morning: work, work, work, work.

The weather here has been horribly rainy the past two days and I haven't seen many customers in the store. Though the ones I have seen have been interesting. I'm not going to tell stories...but people are unique. It takes all types. All the usual cliches. This morning is Thursday a.m. stitch group so I'll see all my friends that I haven't seen since Dec. 18th. I invited DD, but I think she's going to sleep in. I've cleaned, rearranged sale items, rearranged the racks, etc.

Came home at 6:30 last night to find four college kids gathered round the Wii playing Boom Blox. DD was kicking their *@@es. Woo. Woo.

Got bored enough and it was time to sit, that I kitted up a Sweetheart Tree fob that there are many copies of to make as a shop model. About two hours of work later, I realize I've made a terrible error and need to start over. Oops. Oh well. This time I'll just start with the eyelets instead of the backstitching. And go on from there. Just a bit a DMC and my time wasted. But I was covering the phone, which seems to ring a lot even if I wasn't seeing real people. Even called a friend who rode to my rescue with homemade oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies and brought her knitting and stayed with me a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate when I make a mistake like that! At least you didn't lose too much.

Love that your DD was beating everyone! We got a Wii for Xmas, but haven't unpacked it yet.