Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hands Survived

My hands survived because I didn't touch that many bricks. And I had a bit of help pulling that last shrubbery out. That might have taken me hours by myself. Got appropriately hot and sweaty. And I can't do anymore today because it's raining.

I stopped and bought an iced latte last night and joined the ladies at the Scarlet Thread for their last Tuesday night stitch in. Even managed to work with silks without too many problems. Except for one that I didn't cause. Hfffmm. Seems the lines on this canvas are not all in the correct place. And the designer told us she sprayed the canvas with Krylon to fix the pencil markings. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do. But I think I will try painting over the pencil with white paint. The pattern is such that the lines with the pencil would not be stitched over and would be visible.

Also pulled out my BoInk. Which I haven't done a single stitch on since I put it away last August. Mostly because it's over one on 32 ct. I realized that the first thing I had to do was frog the blue that I had stitched in the wrong place. Always fun to frog over one stitching. But I got it out and replaced with the proper color. That's progress. This may be my new ten year project. Goal is to finish it in 2018?

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I like the idea of a ten year project. I think we should all have one!