Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just Sitting There Innocently Drinking My Morning Coffee

When wham. There goes the electricity. Fortunately, the coffee had just finished brewing and DH was already shaved and showered. I moved closer to the window and continued reading the newspaper. And then took DH to the Park N Ride and along the way we saw the source of the problem. Idiot driver had slammed into a transformer box. And that is about the only way we can lose power here as all our power lines are underground.

Fortunately the police were already directing traffic at the intersections. I came home. Finished reading the paper. Took the LED flashlight to the bathroom and took a shower. Opened the fridge quick and grabbed some leftovers from last night. And just as I was contemplating taking the laptop to a WiFi spot, the power came back on. It was off 1.75 hours and now I've run out of time here.

Off to Guild meeting. And then on to the shop to continue the process of counting. I spent almost 6 hours there yesterday counting threads.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I am glad you are helping Sara Leigh. Give her a hug from me!