Friday, June 26, 2009

One Song

Some of you may not know of my musical tendencies. I grew up listening to country and western and 1960s rock and roll. One of those came from my parents. I think you know which one.

By the time I was a teen and could purchase music of my own, I had a wide range of things I would listen to with glee and reverence. The range only increased when I paired up with my DH as teenagers in high school.

I love music. Can't really sing on key unless I have someone to follow. But have sung in musicals and with choirs. Sang Cabaret in front of an audience. I'm enthusiastic. Even a performance of Handel's Messiah. Whatever. My musical taste are deep and varied. Thus we bring you:

Gakked from Livejournal:

1. If you can only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Amazing Grace. I love this song. I sang to my babies as if it was a lullaby. Pretty funny considering my religious views. Or maybe that would be ironic.

2. What one song would you like to be played on your funeral?

Elbow's "Perfect Weather to Fly." I've already told my daughter.

3. What one song that is best to describe your feeling right now?

DH just came home and put on Thriller.


4. What one song would you like to hear when you're sad and depressed?

Depends. Do I want to wallow in the depression? Maybe the Dixie Chicks "A Home."
If I want to climb out, how about Aretha Franklin's "Respect."


5. What one song that you wished you have written?
Stairway to Heaven.

No comments: