Thursday, June 04, 2009

Not a Stitchy Kind of Day Yesterday

After a day with no car - and I can't remember the last time I was carless - I spent the day running errands.

Library - Oops. I owe them a tiny bit of money. Express check out said $.25, but I think it must be more than that.

Dry Cleaning - where I was asked if my hubby's pastel dress shirts were ladies' shirts - oh no!

Wal-Mart - I haven't been here in months. And this store is under reconstruction. Just tell me where they've moved the propane tank exchange to...

Lowe's - where I buy my refrigerator water filters - I know Sears says buy only from them, but I save ten bucks this way every 3 months.

Gas station - DS took a trip to Charlottesville to visit a friend and now the gas tank empty light is on

Trader Joe's - Did I need orange blossom hand soap? Nope. Did I buy it? Yup. And a few other necessities. Like tri-tip for tonight's dinner. And peppers for last night's peach salsa that I put on the pork chops that I cooked on the grill.

Early evning - Just sitting there calmly watching the Red Sox beat the Tigers on ESPN. It's 5-0 in the 5th when the announcers have to start talking about Josh Beckett and the fact that thus far it's a no-hitter. Sigh. Shut up. Don't you know that dooms it every time? And then a storm blows in and there goes the satellite feed. And not just any storm. It's pouring buckets. And the sky keeps lighting up like someone is popping flash bulbs. (SO I grew up in the 60s...) This is when DS calls for a ride home from work. It's only a couple of miles to Target, but those were a fun-filled few miles. Lots of standing water. And vision problems from the lighting. But we made it safely and the game came back on just as we got in the house. Red Sox went on to win, but guys, what's happened to the fielding??? Three errors in one inning. That's shameful.

No comments: