Thursday, April 29, 2010

It Makes Me Sad

It makes me sad when people move away. Especially far, far away. Our friend, Schelley, who only found us last year, is moving south. We hope she enjoys exploring her new town and makes lots of new stitching, quilting, knitting friends!

In her honor, I made Julia Child's Tarte aux Pommes. I think I needed one more apple for slicing. But it was like nearly 10 p.m. when I put it in the oven. Yesterday was a very busy day...

Here is where I am on "Summer Dream." I've got two tendrils to do and Part I is finished. I moved ahead and laced it yesterday. I thought maybe using the skinny stretchers bars would be good, but I pulled the lacing tight enough to bend the bars. The linen is fairly straight still, so I am hoping all will be okay.
Sorry - even though I imported the photo right side up, blogger insists on turning it back sideways. 

Today at stitching I did not stitch. Instead I brought along the laptop and continued with designing my bargello piece. Here are my oh so bright colors inspired by the article in Needlepoint Now about Joyce Petschek and her bargello retreats in Tuscany.

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

I'm sorry I couldn't be there today to bid Schelley farewell. And your tart looks beautiful and delicious. I love the colors you've selected for your bargello design. Can't wait to see what you come up with.