Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Week

The week is not going any faster than the weekend did. Not much happening, but I am getting a few things accomplished. 

Yesterday I took the laptop with me to the coffee shop in the afternoon and ironed out my issues with designing bargello on my design program. All my issues are of my own making, it's not the programs fault. But I managed to get a good start and hopefully this time I will remember the lessons learned. 

And in that vein, I'm considering taking Sharon Boggon's class on joggles for GIMP For Textile Designers.  We'll see how other things are progressing in a month or so. And if you've never explored joggles, now would be a good time. 

I've happily agreed to review a grant proposal for my sister who finally thinks she sometimes takes terrific photographs. She's only been doing this for thirty years...

And I've been experimenting with alternatives for my sepals on my stumpwork piece. Even Amazon has stumpwork on the brain as this morning their e-mail recommended the newest Jane Nicholas book to me -

"Stumpwork & Goldwork Embroidery Inspired by Turkish, Syrian & Persian Tiles"

 which hasn't been released yet. But the cover is oh so pretty!

No comments: