Saturday, October 09, 2010

Loudoun Sampler Guild Saturday

Today we had a class with Betsy Morgan of Willing Hands. This is the prework I was working so hard to finish yesterday. It's a pincushion that's part of larger collection called "This One's for Betty."





 Two pieces that make up the other side. Can you detect the Elizabethan theme here? I used the wrong color for the top piece - it shouldn't be that red, but I like that red - Glorianna Pomegranate.



We did the prework so that today we could work on finishing. This piece has fusible interfacing on the back and the edges are folded back and the seams are stitched to hold them. Then you have three pieces that get stitched together like a puzzle.



The large piece has skirtex in it to give it some body. 



A bit later, voila! A finished pincushion. Maybe I should have put this next to a half dollar. I think it might be just about that size. The top has a jade bead.

I love the bottom. 

P.S. Betsy gave me permission to post photos. 

5 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Nice!

Rachel said...

This is wicked cute. I love it!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you for the lovely photos I enjoy Betsy's work a lot. I learned a lot about precision from Betty.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Very cool piece!

MeganH said...

It's just lovely! I especially love the pomengranate.

Off to look up more of the teacher's work on the net.....