Thursday, October 07, 2010

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Digital SLRs

And with that title you'd think I'd have a photo or two, wouldn't you?

Sorry. 

Bought a new camera yesterday afternoon and didn't have a ton of time to play with it after I got the battery charged. 

Phew. I ran off to find the software the camera warns me to load before attaching it the computer. Now I'm all set. 

A flower from a fall bouquet. This is strictly point and shoot in auto mode.


Elvis resting on the back of the sofa. I may have to start a blog of cat photos. Let me know if I post too many here.


 And I took this last night. I was standing about eight feet from it and using my telephoto lens. Um. Yeah. 

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Go read this. NOW.

http://www.thistle-threads.com/macrophotos/TakingQuickMacroPhotos970.pdf

RobinG said...

I think your pictures are wonderful; I could never do as well! Might I ask what that bottom canvas is ... it's really beautiful. Thanks for your blog ... I drop by all the time. Indiana Robin

RobinG said...

Gosh, I think your pictures are wonderful. I wondered if I might ask what that canvas is ... it's beautiful. I *so* enjoy your blog and I stop by often. With warmest regards, Robin

Anonymous said...

great pictures, I just love digital slr cameras...