Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Books

Books I bought on Sunday at the State Department book sale. These book sales are the only time I've gotten inside this building. From what I see, it's a darn interesting place. 

The highlight of this collection is the Historical Designs for Embroidery by Louisa Pesel. Blackwork heaven. I wish I had had this book last year. Also a collection of small pamphlets included in this bunch. The American in Cross Stitch book has Portsmouth Harbor on the cover. I recognized it right away!





This second collection of books is from a stitcher's estate. Wow. I got the third Beth and Sue book which thrills me. And the Mary Shipp books on design and color. I feel like I hit the jackpot and I'd like Francis to know that her books will be valued and cared for by me. They have found a good home.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You found book nirvana. Congratulations!! It looks like fun.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Congratulations! You did indeed hit the jackpot.

Bonnie said...

If the Beautiful Bargello book is the one I have, it's a terrific book. Good haul, Donna