Monday, November 21, 2011

What I Saw

Gutters are now clean of leaves, thanks to Felix. Wish I could this job for myself, but two and three stories up gives me the willies. LOL

Yard is cleared of leaves and nearly everything outside is finished for the year. I've got two more pots to empty and I need to pick up the leaves under the far side of boxwoods which finally got trimmed. Had a busy day outside yesterday. I love that this year the weather cooperated. 

After supper, I did manage to put some time in on my red rose canvas. But right now a photo is pointless. I've almost got myself all the way across the top, but I was too lazy to get up and set a up a stand because those reverse scotch stitches need to be laid. Instead I plugged along with some rice stitches and smyrnas which I don't want to be bothered laying. 

Last night we watched Part I of the American Masters special on Woody Allen. 
I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea. But at our house, we love his work. 

One of the first scenes they show is filmed in his bedroom where you can see that he is a collector of schoolgirl samplers. There's another one that hangs to right of the desk where he types everything on his old manual typewriter. 

Who knew?

Woody's bedroom.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I guess you can see that collection as interesting. Or his decorator is! :)

Anyway, I'd clean our gutters but the dude is afraid of heights, so he won't let me. You acrophobics!