Monday, November 07, 2011

What a Nice Boy!

In a world where all children are above average, you occasionally get a treat!

DS was helping friends and they need to visit IKEA. 

So he asked me if there was anything there I needed. 

My first thought was that I needed to go visit IKEA myself. It's been so long since I've been. Months and months. Maybe nearly a year?

Then I remembered glimpsing something someone had a meeting. 

And I went online and asked him to get me one of these:

Jansjo clamp light.

He even called me from the store to ask if I preferred black or white. 

I told him to surprise me.

Woke up this morning to find a black one on my counter. Fits perfectly on stretcher bars!

The bulb is not meant to be replaceable. But aren't these LED lights supposed to have a 20-30 year life? 

(Snuck away for a quick check - "When a manufacturer says that an LED lamp will last 25,000 or 50,000 hours, what the company actually means is that at that point, the light emanating from that product will be at 70 percent the level it was when new." ) Says one NYTimes article.

Okay. I think that works for me!

No comments: