Friday, August 03, 2007

Forgot to Post

I forgot to post my last big smile yesterday.

I won best cross stitch piece in my LNS' customer show in July. It was for Poseidon. Fitting win as I stitched a good portion of this piece at the shop on Thursday mornings. Immediately turned my gift certificate into Crescent Colours...LOL

In Other News


At yesterday's stitch-in I finally worked a bit on the shop project - Rosewood Manor's "And a Forest Grew," which can be seen here:

This project was kitted, gridded and put on scroll rods. Anyone who comes into the shop is welcome to work on it. Unfortunately it keeps getting put into a corner. Someone was working on it Tuesday night, which is how I was reminded of it. I thought by pulling it out on Thursday morning, maybe someone would work up a bit every week and we could start making some progress. The idea behind the piece is to eventually donate it to charity.

This is the first time I've ever worked on a piece that has been gridded. I've got to say it's a marvelous idea. There are blue threads running through the center of piece horizontally and vertically. And white threads that make up blocks of ten by ten stitches. Saves a ton of time on a piece like this. Only need to count to less than ten in either direction.

I did stitch a tiny bit on my current project. And then picked out Crescent Colours to kit up Martina Dey's Tsunami sampler that is in the autumn issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Yay, you! Yay, you! That Poseidon was stunning.