Monday, August 27, 2007

why my directv experience sucks



If someone from this company will provide me with a technician willing to go on the roof and check signal strength from the front of the house, I will delete this post.

Update

DirecTv finally sent someone with a brain to solve my problem. He was wonderful. Personable, knowledgeable, and efficient. I wish I could say the same for the customer service runaround I got on the phone. I was on the phone, on hold from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m. yesterday. I got cut off and hung up on numerous times. One lady refused to give me her extension in case we got cut off. Funny, it happened twice. She did not call me back. Either time.

My poor husband arrived home at 3:00 p.m. after driving from New Hampshire. He had flowers for me (our anniversary was Saturday.) I was in a rage. As he tried to hug me, I threw my planner and pens across the room. Poor guy. I think for a second he thought I was aiming at him. I had my hissy fit. And essentially gave up for the day. At 4:00 p.m. a customer service rep called me and said a supervisor would be at our house shortly. He showed up. Fixed all our problems. Amazing.

The side note: my second problem was a receiver that got caught in a loop. They shipped me a new one that arrived on Saturday. I hadn't even opened the box. DH opened it, hooked it up. And when I got through all the set-up menus and called DirecTv to activate the card, I got the following message: If you are calling to pay your bill, troubleshoot your system, etc. all our systems are down. All we can currently do is answer general questions. We expect to have this problem resolved in 2-3 hours.

So as I sat there at 7:30 last evening, on hold yet again with DirecTv, I realized that my issues had basically robbed me of an entire day. I only managed a dozen stitches on Priscilla. But now I've got a crystal clear picture.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

We actually lost cable service more often than we have lost directv (once in a year). Go figure. My cousin had it in her house for two weeks before they went back to cable. I don't get it. But they really should have technicians who will attempt to go up to the dish. As for customer service...you can't get that anywhere, can you?